Bad Playstyle: A video game book club
Ep 39 - Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice “other people’s gods”
Senua's Sacrifice is a rare videogame that is considered "Fine art".
We're going to talk about this today.
- We Ramble off excuses
- Owen loves legos/ power rangers
- Star trek timelines keeps dragging owen back in, kind of.
- DIABLO 3 was back with a vengeance for a minute there.
- Games should be marketed towards being veg-out titles
- Heroes of the storm RIP. thanks activision
- Skyrim requiem is really good! You should try it. It takes forever to
- Heat signature has hot new enemy types. Fuck the predator forever.
- Stealth rocks: good for the meta. Bad for fun.
- Diablo: is if grimdark anymore? Hellblade teaches us that it is not.
- Matt summarizes hellblade.
- Matt sometimes picks frustrating video games
- Other people’s gods
- The entire world is a visual metaphor for what is happening
- We all played with headphones in like good little boys
- CW: abuse, trauma, death, dismemberment.
- We took long breaks between sessions.
- The best game I ever hated
- Everything is bespoke. There are downsides to this
- The game is supposed to be frustrating, I think (massive eyeroll from
- Keynan asserts that the game never layer cakes its mechanics properly
- Gramr is a way good short.
- Puzzle elements never get stacked or changed, they just get replaced.
- OMG i fucked up the first rune puzzle so hard. Took me ten minutes to
- The voices never lie to you. They say mean shit. But they never lie.
- This game achieved parkour flow for me at certain points
- Thoroughly enjoyed it but I will never play it again.
- Visual metaphor ending, folks
- The extra “ending” scene revealed
- Portrays and inflicts trauma
- Keynan says the game is underbaked. I disagree.
- Blindness section “No, they’ll kill you”
- Booty clenching dark water section
- The fenris section tested my immersion and owens will to play the
- This game is visually amazing “actual FMV”
- Video games as art discussion
- Fine art. Vs art. Award shows are stupid bullshit
- Humans want to win, but only by the skin of their teeth
- Everything is performance
- Matt poorly explains the “tall wales” ck2 strat poorly
- All matt all the time, you’re excited
- Sam loses